samedi 30 mars 2013

Stories about shoes and some Swedish coffee

Hiya! I can’t tell you why but instead of being just a lifestyle blog, my blog is now going to be also about fashion and style. But since fashion and shopping is a significant part of my life, that shouldn’t change much. Or perhaps just have a slight influence on my bank account because to have something to write about I will need to shop. Just kidding, mum, my wardrobe is already quite representative...
 
Let’s start with shoes! I know plenty of people who collect designer bags (or bags in general). Bags are nice but I’ve always been more a shoe-person. I love shoes (except winter shoes) and I fast counted and I have 32 pairs of shoes in my small apartment.  Here’s my top 5 high heels:
 
1.       Turquoise peep toe pumps from Minelli:
 
 
 
I just love  love love them. These shoes were my birthday present for myself when I turned 20 and I've worn them at least thousand times. The sad story that some of you know is that I also bought a matching turquoise clutch at the same time and I always wore them together. It was the easiest outfit for any occasion, something black or white with turquoise accessories. And then my dear clutch got stolen. I was really pissed because there was nothing valuable inside so absolutely nothing for the robbers but they took my favorite bag and probably just throw it away. Last autumn I finally found a bag that resembles the one I had but it's not the same turquoise so it's nice with other colors but doesn't really match with my shoes. But I actually peeked in to Minelli the other day and they have turquoise again this spring, shoes and bags! Even the small clutches were quite expensive but I have to check if it's the same nuance. And if it is, well my birthday is coming soon...
 
 
2. (fake) Jimmy Choo's:
 
 
 
My choice when I want to be extra chic. It was about two years ago when I decided that I wanted to wear golden shoes at my mum's birthday party the following summer. I bought a coral red Rachel Roy dress from New York and thought that golden heels and accessories would be perfect with it. But easier said than done. I looked from everywhere in New York and in Paris but no golden shoes to be found so in the end I decided to order online. The delivery from the States took a while and then my shoes got lost in the mail (not the first time they loose something in La Poste...). When I finally got them, they were too big so I had to sell them to a friend and order new ones (returning them would have been crazy expensive, thanks again to La Poste). But all this was worth it, I got my golden heels and they are beautiful! (And a fashion pioneer as I am, of course a couple of months later all the shops were full of golden shoes...)
 
 
3. Violet espadrillas from Zara:
.

 

These are my favorite summer shoes. So confortable and perfect for a townwalk, to the beach or for partying. I bought them in 2009 from Toulon and they were with me in so many adventures in the Southern France that summer. Wearing these espadrillas I also learned to drive in high heels. :)


4. Black and golden pumps from Zara:



I like them because they are classic black heels but with a special detail. These shoes are high and style but really uncomfortable, my toes die in 30 minutes, but I like them so I still wear them quite often (and try to sit as much as possible).


5. Beige classy heels from Mango:
 

 
 
My high school graduation shoes that I wear when I want to look stylish and professional. They've been to some school and job interviews with me and will hopefully soon be again. If I get an internship for this summer, where I can wear heels, the first thing I’m going to do is buy an other pair of elegant work heels!
 
 
It was hard to choose but I'm not going to do a top-10. ;) Now something else. Yesterday afternoon I finished early at Uni and the sun was shining so I went to say hi to my friend M who works at the Swedish Coffee House which is here in le Marais, right around the corner. This café is such a lovely place, a serious competitor for the French ones. The style and the whole atmosphere is so Swedish. I think this is going to be my Scandinavian corner where I can escape when I lose my mind with everything French. :)
 
Café suédois with it's lovely outdoor terrace
 
Swedish pastries looks delicious
 
My friend M, the cutest waitress ever
 
Now I'm enjoying a long weekend off. No school until Tuesday afternoon! I've been a little sick the whole week but now I'm finally feeling better. It sure didn't help that I've been doing sport the whole week but I just couldn't resist, I'm seriously addicted to all the Les Mills classes right now, especially to Body Balance. I think the only moment when I feel completely relaxed and not at all stressed or worried about something is when I'm doing Body Balance. So in order to not go crazy soon, I just have to go there almost every day.
 
Happy Easter everyone, eat lots of chocolate eggs!
 
xoxo: Emi

Aucun commentaire :

Enregistrer un commentaire