vendredi 28 février 2014

Makes me happy

Thank you for reading my blog!! So cool, makes me happy! I didn't expect that my writing of French men and dating in Paris would get this much attention. More page views than ever before (except maybe A and Y's wedding), and so much commenting and discussion that I myself start getting a bit tired of this topic. I need a little break, then I'm sure I'll be ready to date again. The other day when I was walking around at rue Montorgueuil I looked into a souvenir shop and by chance found this book called "The best places to kiss in Paris". In order to broaden my vision and to reinforce my status as an expert in dating in Paris, of course I had to buy it. So (hopefully) more stories to come and should you need any tips for a romantic stay in Paris, feel free to ask me. 



 
One last word related to my anti-Valentine's post. Frenchmen: don't think that I will leave you alone now. Be careful what you say or do because everything may end up in my book. Which is not necessary a bad thing: every story needs a fairytale ending, do you want to be in mine? :)

I also bought another book, it's called "Paris - 100 lieux inattendus - les meilleurs plans pour profiter de la ville autrement". This because I don’t know if I’m staying in Paris for forever and I don't want to miss anything. Besides, you never know what will happen so you should enjoy the moment, do special things and make the most of every day. Some friends of mine that have always lived in Paris said that they think I’m already more Parisian than they are because I do so much. Probably but sometimes it feels like I don't do anything and when the spring comes, that has to change. So again, if you are out of ideas, let me know!





Other things that made me smile this past week. I came back from relaxing holidays in Finland and was greeted by spring and sunshine. On Monday the weather was even summer-like so after school I should have studied but instead I went for a walk, bought a smoothie (banana-blueberry-acai-apple juice-yogurt) and enjoyed the sun by the Saint Eustache -church, near Les Halles -shopping center.


I worked at a smoothie bar for almost two years - and got addicted to smoothies, now I need to have one almost every day.
 
I had a rdv with my friend D later at Galeries Lafayette so I walked there and did some window shopping on my way (no money for real shopping!). I noticed that in the 2nd arrondissement, by rue Montorgueuil there are lots of small cute boutiques with beautiful, colorful shop windows. This was the first time this year I was wearing only a light leather jacket and even though the summer lasted only for a day, it made me happy and gave me energy to wait for the real summer to come. Moreover, the mornings and the evenings are already a lot lighter than a couple of weeks ago!

+ 16 degrees at rue Montorgueuil!

window shopping vintage clothes...

... pink Benefit - cosmetics...

... tea in all possible colors and flavors...

... and traditional French food! Everything looked so delicious from closer.

I'm eating chocolate again (only reasonably) and I realized that trying not to eat sweets at all was a pointless torture. And I compensate chocolate with loads of sports. On Sunday with J we attended a one and a half hour body-attack class (that was tuff!), on Tuesday I did a balance and yesterday an attack again and then some relaxation in the sauna. I love sports and my Club Med - membership. Whatever is in my mind, when I’m at the gym I don’t think about anything, it's the only place where I'm really resting. I wish I could every day just go to the gym, walk around Paris and do nothing for Uni...

Another place that I love and another thing that makes me happy: La Perle and spending time with E. Like Starbucks with J, La Perle with E has become a tradition, a (almost) weekly pastime. It’s a bar in the Marais, so close to my place that when E calls last minute and wants to go there for a glass of Sauvignon (only 3,8 euros!), I almost always say yes. The ambiance is cozy and it's always so much fun. La Perle is often mentioned as " The place to be among the chic and cool Marais-residents" and I totally agree (being a chic and cool Marais-resident myself ;)). La Perle also has good potential for meeting new people since everyone, especially in the summer, mostly stay on the terrace by the sidewalk, chatting with strangers. The address is 78 rue Vielle du Temple, Paris 3ème, come join us! 


This Monday at la Perle, packed with people as usually.

Me (and the first warm evening this spring!)

And E - on the move!


This afternoon I spent time with my friend T that I hadn't seen in a while. Tea, chocolate and talking, that was great. Now I'm listening to Lea Michele's debut album Louder. She has an amazing voice and an amazing attitude. She always stays positive and shows how to get through anything and in the end be even stronger than before. My dearest friends and everyone else living hard times right now, remember that bad things always come all at once but, also, are always followed by a new era of love, laughter, smiling, sunshine and happiness. And when you feel like it, do what Lea Michele says: come on and scream at little louder. Don't give up, I'm here for you. :)


xoxo: Emi

Aucun commentaire :

Enregistrer un commentaire