jeudi 14 mars 2013

From spring to winter and other crazy things

I love writing about the weather. :) Because it has a huge impact on my mood, when the sun is shining all my problems seem to be far away, and when it’s snowing in March I just go crazy and get depressed. That’s understandable I guess. Last week it was such a lovely spring weather, finally time to abandon your winter coats and put on some light shoes (I wear ballerinas all year round because I hate winter shoes but for those who don’t). On Monday we enjoyed our weekly stroll at Jardin des Plantes with C and on Tuesday when we exceptionally had a long lunch break as well, two guys from our class, D and N joined us and we had a picnic lunch on a bench in the park. It was so warm and the whole week went on like this. Thursday evening we were walking with M near Chatelet at rue Montorgueuil, a street with lots of restaurants and bars. There were heaps of people walking around and eating on the terraces and I could just sense the summery atmosphere. I was wearing only a t-shirt and a leather jacket and I wasn’t freezing at all.

Blue sky at Jardin des Plantes

C and palm trees

and me and palm trees
dressing light

I think all this felt so good especially because right before I left from Finland the springlike weather there took a turn back to winter with a snowstorm and -10 degrees again. So I was really happy to be back in Paris and teasing those who had to stay there. But apparently I was laughing too soon…. Because this week: bye bye spring and welcome back winter to Paris as well. Seriously, how much can it snow in Paris in mid-March?? I’m so done with the cold, the snow, the slush, the frozen slush and everything related to winter. If I have to say something positive, it’s that I live in the center and I don’t have to use suburban trains. Apparently on Tuesday and Wednesday almost all the trains were cancelled and there were signs everywhere saying “don’t try to go to Paris today”. What a chaos.  So now please please please let this craziness end and the winter be over for good. If not, I may have to move somewhere else…
On my way to school on Tuesday


Our garden
As J reminded me, this is what we were doing exactly a year ago, sunbathing at Jardin de Luxembourg. In March, that's how it's supposed to be!

My first one a half weeks back in Paris have been extremely busy but it has been good to get back to the routines after a relaxing stay in Finland. I’ve started a new good life which means that:

1.        I’ve been working hard at school to catch up with what I missed.

2.        I’ve started putting an active effort into my job hunting.

3.       I’ve been doing lots of sports.

4.       Finally, after three days of absolutely nothing in my fridge and absolutely no  time to do my groceries, I bought plenty of healthy food and are now  cooking and eating well again.

5.       I cleaned my apartment thoroughly and even took out all my clothes from the wardrobe and reorganized them (to make room for new spring clothes).

So my excuses for not writing my blog…

I’ve also tried to have time for my friends. Last Friday was the International Women’s Day so we had a small soirée with some of my favorite women. Thanks T for the initiative and everyone for your company.
M

E

T
And + D, all together, a part of my favorite girls!

It was Women's Day but some quite great guys joined us as well
One other crazy thing (besides the weather haha) happened this Monday: we finally got our exam results! And what’s crazy about that is that I got amazingly good grades. Yey! :) We don’t know the exact average grades yet but I have at least 15,6/20 which should be among the bests in our class and at least it’s more than I’ve ever gotten before. I’m really happy and relaxed because I was so worried. But I’m also a little ashamed because once again I was so afraid that my exams went bad and then finally I got super grades. I could promise that from now on I don’t stress and panic pointlessly – but I won’t because that’s a promise I could never keep, this is just who I am. But for my own physical and mental health I will try to take it a little easier. After all, I only need to get like 4,5/20 for this semester and I’ll pass my year. Well I’m not going to take it that easy thought. But for example, I had a test today in information technology. I practiced yesterday for maybe three and a half hours but that’s all (not much for me). And I stressed or worried for zero seconds. And I think it went quite well, I’m soon a pro in web developing and won’t need big sis M’s help anymore (haha you wish). After school I went to do some shopping, came home and took nap, read some Emily Giffin, cooked dinner and now I’m writing this. And soon I’ll have a skype date with N, my Finnish-Swiss friend. And what about tomorrow’s homework, not even thinking about it. This “not taking school too seriously”-attitude is kind of nice actually. Besides, I’ve been really tired these last days. I think that waiting for the exam results and stressing about it took a lot of energy and then finally when I got them and everything was fine I was exhausted. So I’ve been sleeping a lot but I think I deserve it.
So I started to do some spring shopping. But mum, I can explain this to you:
This Chanel jacket was only 24,90 on sale at Promod, I just couldn't resiste


And I needed new black pants because the ones I normally use lost their color when you washed them. Besides, this is the best part, I always though I was short but apparently I was just fat because when you buy pants in size 34 (!!) you don't even have to shorten them.  34 is a reason enough to buy, I think you can agree on that.
And then I had to buy some sports wear and basic make up but that doesn't count. :)

M had promised me long time ago that if I succeeded my exams he would take me out for dinner (as if he didn’t do it all the time) so Monday eve, horrified by the snow storm we went to the Spanish restaurant 30 meters from my place, Casa San Pablo. I really like this place and their Sangria and spending time with you M.

Casa san Pablo (and the golden purse M is holding is mine btw)

I swore I'd never ever drink again but a glass (or two) of Sangria is fine (and it was)


And dessert!


It's good to be back in Paris and I love my life. I wish you all an awesome Friday and weekend!
xoxo: Emi

























Aucun commentaire :

Enregistrer un commentaire