mardi 30 octobre 2012

Enjoy your life!

These are a few of my favorite things….

Too often we whine about something that’s wrong in our life. We’re too busy, too tired or too fat. There’s always something missing and when we get what we want, we always want something more. It’s good to have dreams and goals that keep us going and of course difficulties are a part of life too, but every now and then it’s good to stop worrying and think about what we already have and how good our life is. To focus on all the small things that make you smile. Cause that’s really what happiness is, enjoying your life as it is, every day.

For the moment, my life is really busy, my studies are challenging, I’m super tired all the time and I think I’m a little fat too. But whatever, If I think about it for a while, I can easily find so many things that make me happy right now, little things that I just love.
 
Liian usein me valitetaan kaikesta, mikä on huonosti. Me ollaan liian kiireisiä, väsyneitä tai lihavia. Aina tuntuu siltä, että jotain puuttuu ja kun ollaan saatu kaikki, mitä haluttiin, niin halutaankin taas jotain uutta. Unelmat ja haasteet on tärkeitä ja pitää meidät liikkeessä ja totta kai myös vaikeudet kuuluu elämään. Mut joskus on hyvä vaan lopettaa murehtiminen ja pysähtyä miettimään kaikkea, mitä meillä jo on ja sitä, miten hyvin asiat oikeesti on. Keskittyä niihin pieniin arkipäiväisiin asioihin, jotka saa meidät hymyilemään. Koska sitä onnellisuus ja iloisuus oikeasti on, että osaa nauttia elämästä sellaisena kun se on, joka päivä.
Tällä hetkellä mulla on kauhea kiire, koulussa on vaikeeta, oon koko ajan tosi väsynyt ja tunnen itseni vähän lihavaksi myös. Mutta ei se mitään, jos mietin hetken, keksin helposti paljon ihania asioita, joista iloitsen just nyt.
 
 
Body Combat:
With my friend J, we decided to start a new sporty life this fall. So we paid a lot of money for a gym-membership – and we’ve actually been going there three or four times a week! The highlight of my week is Tuesday nights when we do Body Combat together. It’s the coolest sport ever, a mix of cardio training and martial arts such as boxing, karate and tai chi. The music is good, our Thai coach is super cute and we attack our fats, fatigue, stress and aggressions. After one hour of body combat I feel relaxed and energetic at the same time. And normally we stay there for a while with J to stretch out and chat and when I come home I’m always happy.
Ystäväni J:n kanssa me päätettiin aloittaa tänä syksynä uusi, urheilullinen elämä. Niinpä me maksettiin ihan hirveän paljon kuntosalijäsenyydestä – ja ollaan oikeesti käyty siellä kolme tai neljä kertaa viikossa! Mun viikon kohokohta on Body Combat, missä me käydään yhdessä joka tiistai-ilta. Se on ihan huippu laji, sekoitus aerobicia ja eri taistelulajeja, esim. nyrkkeilyä, karatea ja tai chi:ta. Läskit, väsymys, stressi ja aggressiot saa kyytiä hyvän musiikin tahdissa ja meidän coach on tosi suloinen thaimaalaispoika. Tunnin Body Combatin jälkeen olo on rentoutunut mutta samalla oon täynnä energiaa. Yleensä me jäädään J:n kanssa hetkeksi venyttelemään ja juttelemaan ja kun tuun kotiin oon tosi ilonen, koska oon viettänyt niin kivan illan.


ready to combat!

 
J in action

My Chanel - jacket:
I had been looking for the perfect Chanel - jacket since last spring and I started to get really frustrated and desperate but this autumn I finally found it from Naf Naf. It’s my favorite piece of clothing right now, I could wear it every day!
Olin etsinyt täydellistä Chanel – jakkua viime keväästä asti ja tänä syksynä, kun aloin jo ärsyyntyä ja luopua toivosta, löysin sen vihdoin Naf Naf:sta. Se on mun tän hetken lempivaate, voisin käyttää sitä joka päivä!

here it is!

celebrating J's birthday last Friday
 

Loving Pleats Please:
Last week I also found the perfect perfume. I just happened to get a free sample of Pleats Please by Issey Miyake when I was shopping at Les Quatre Temps. As I already have a huge collection of perfume samples (cause I buy something from Sephora almost every week…) and I always wear my Victoria’s Secret, I didn’t really pay attention  but when I came home I decided to test this one and I fell in love. This is absolutely something I have to ask Santa Claus to bring me for Christmas…
Viime viikolla löysin ihan sattumalta myös täydellisen hajuveden. Olin Les Quatre Temps:ssa shoppailemassa ja sain näytteen Pleats Please by Issey Miyake – hajuvedestä. Koska mulla on jo iso kokoelma hajuvesinäytteitä (koska ostan Sephorasta jotain melkeen joka viikko) ja koska aina kuitenkin käytän mun Victoria’s Secret:n luottohajuvettä, niin en kiinnittänyt sen kummemmin huomiota tähän hajuveteen, mutta kotona päätin kuitenkin testata sitä, ja rakastuin. Tää täytyy laittaa joululahjatoivelistaan…

too bad it's so small...

isseymiyakeparfums.com

Walks along the Seine:
Every morning when I go to school, I walk to the metro station Pont Marie which is right next to la Seine and this morning I realized that with the trees with colorful leaves and everything, the river is amazingly beautiful. And I’m so happy that I get to see it every morning.
Joka aamun kun meen kouluun, kävelen Pont Marie:n metroasemalle, joka on ihan Seinen rannalla. Tänä aamuna, en tiedä johtuiko se värikkäistä lehdistä vai mistä, mutta tajusin, että Seine on ihan uskomattoman kaunis. Ja musta on niin kivaa, että saan kävellä Seinen ohi joka aamu.

La Seine this morning...
... and tonight when I came home from the Gym.

And what also makes me happy is my friends’ surprise visits to Paris. Last week E came from Brussels and the week before another E from Switzerland. Even though we just met quickly, it was great to see them and have a nice little chat. I love having friends all around the world and it’s even better if they like to come to Paris every now and then.  
Yksi asia vielä, mikä tekee mut iloiseksi on mun kavereiden yllätysvisiitit Pariisiin. Viime viikolla E Brysselistä oli käymässä ja sitä edellisellä viikolla E Sveitsistä. Vaikka me ehdittiin nähdä vaan ihan nopeesti niin oli silti tosi kivaa nähdä ja vaihtaa kuulumiset. On ihanaa kun on kavereita ympäri maailmaa, mutta vielä kivempaa on se, että ne tykkää käydä Pariisissa aina sillon tällön.
afternoon drinks with E from Switzerland
 
Be happy and enjoy the rest of your week everyone!

xoxo: Emi

Ps. My personal assistant M told me that my photos are too small. Well now they are big! :)

 

3 commentaires :

  1. Stina Reyier01/11/2012 17:36

    Hallå Emilia! Vad glad jag blir att du har börjat blogga - minns att vi pratade om det! Eftersom jag fortfarande inte bor i Paris (bara en tidsfråga....) är det jättekul att följa ditt liv härifrån, och du skriver bra och inspirerande. Keep it up! //Stina R

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Tack Stina, vad glad jag blir att du läser min blog! Kom hit snart igen. <3

      Supprimer