lundi 11 février 2013

La Parisienne à la campagne

I'm still enjoying my "easy new start" at Uni (soon getting worse I'm sure...)  - and partying! This Saturday we celebrated B's 30th birthday, on the countryside. Countryside means 30 min metro + 45 min train + 10 min waiting for someone to come get us from the train station in the middle of nowhere + 5 min car, all this just for a party. Although for some true Parisians the location was too much, I made it and had awesome time. Thanks B and everyone else too for a great party!
 
Last year at B's birthday party I may have made some unintentional comments about the topic city vs countryside so that's why I decided to take my "city girl image" seriously and wore this beautiful dress. But hey, I have nothing against the life outside la périphérique, believe me! Haha. But my point is, wherever you are, always dress in style. :)
 
 
Mä nautin edelleen mun "helposta uudesta alusta" koulussa (ei sitä enää kauan kestä...) - ja biletän! Tänä lauantaina juhlittiin B:n 30-vuotis synttäreitä, maalla. Maalla tarkoittaa 30 min metrolla + 45 min junalla + 10 odotus, että joku tulee hakemaan juna-asemalta keskeltä ei mitään + 5 minuuttia autolla, hirvittävän pitkä matka yksien juhlien takia! Joillekkin aidoille pariisilaisille tää sijainti oli liikaa, mutta mä selvisin paikalle ja oli ihan huippu hauskaa. Kiitos B ja muutkin kivoista juhlista!
 
Viime vuonna B:n synttäreillä saatoin tahattomasti kommentoida vähän väärään sävyyn aihetta kaupunki vs maaseutu, siksi päätin nyt ottaa mun kaupunkilaisimagon vakavasti ja pukeuduin tähän kauniiseen mekkoon. Mut oikeesti, ei mulla oo mitään périphériquen ulkopuolista elämää vastaan, uskokaa! Haha. Mutta pointti oli, missä ikinä oletkaan, pukeudu aina tyylikkäästi. :)



I bought this dress from one of these small boutiques at rue St.Antoine between St.Paul and Bastille. They all have almost same clothes and I often find something cute and a little different than clothes in mainstream stores. I hesitated for at least half an hour between black and white but finally I chose the white one because it's nice for the summer (soon here!)



Matching accessories




Pre-party at my place with M





Ready to go. Ps.I love this jacket, I bought it three years ago from Stradivarius and it's still one of my favorite clothes.





Finally here and ready to party!





The Birthday Boy, no signs of aging to be seen. ;)





A pose with the Bday Boy + P and B





Beaux gosses...




... and pretty girls



Joyeux Anniversaire, make a wish!



The morning after...




When will it stop snowing?? Seriously, I'm so sick of the winter...



Besides my trip to the countryside, I didn't do anything special this weekend. A little bit of studying and sports, lunch on Saturday with my friend W who left back to Holland, and a Sunday eve sushi dinner with big sis M at her new place which is gorgeous by the way (her landlord is a super rich, super chic interior designer and she decorated this apartment in royal style, I need to take some photos to show you).

Today was a hard day at school, maybe because I didn't sleep that much this weekend (still recovering from the countryside experience! lol) but always when Monday's over, the rest of the week already looks a lot brighter. If you had a challenging day as well, take it easy for 5 minutes and enjoy amazing Adele and beautiful Paris:

Sen lisäks, että matkustin maalle, en tehnyt mitään ihmeellistä tänä viikonloppuna. Vähän opiskelua ja urheilua, lauantaina lounas ystäväni W:n kanssa, joka lähti takaisin Hollantiin, ja sunnuntai-iltana sushi-illallinen isosisko M:n luona sen uudessä kämpässä, joka on muuten aivan ihana (M:n vuokranantaja on super rikas, super chic sisustussuunnittelija, joka on sisustanut tän kämpän kuninkaalliseen tyyliin, täytyy ottaa kuvia niin näätte).

Tänään koulussa oli jotenkin erityisen raskasta, ehkä koska nukuin liian vähän viikonloppuna (ja koska toivun edelleen maaseutu-kokemuksesta! lol), mutta aina kun on selvinnyt maanantaista niin loppuviikko näyttää jo paljon valoisammalta. Jos sullakin oli raskas päivä niin ota hetke iisisti ja nauti upeasta Adelesta ja kauniista Pariisi-maisemista:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLQl3WQQoQ0
(Adele - Someone Like You)

xoxo: Emi


 





 


 
 

 















 
 
 






2 commentaires :

  1. Pariisista on aina ihana lukea, jotenkin se on kiehtonut aina mua ja siellä on tullut vierailtua jo tosi monesti, enkä ole ikinä kyllästynyt! (Itse olen joskus asunut etelä-Ranskassa)... :)

    www.polkadotcookie.com

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Kiitos Milla, toivottavasti luet jatkossakin! ;) Ja niimpä, Pariisi on ihana!

      Supprimer